February 25, 2015

Ad Contrarian Cruelly Dumped


Lots of big things happening here at Ad Contrarian Worldwide Headquarters.

Type A Minus
I've been dumped again.

Big congratulations to my business partner in Type A Group, Sharon Krinsky. Sharon's been named President and Chief Creative Officer of RESO, an amazing online kids' activities resource site.

RESO just launched in the San Francisco area in the past few weeks and has aggressive growth plans. Sharon will soon be an internet billionaire and I'll still be going for cheap laughs at the expense of social media dorks.

I'm thinking of looking for a new partner for Type A. Qualifications: Cute; drink too much; laugh too loud.

Better Than The Movie
My new book was supposed to be ready in September. Then it was supposed to be ready early in January. I've postponed this thing more times than my next prostate exam.

Well, I think it's almost ready. I've changed the title and direction a few dozen times, but I think I'm actually happy with where it is. The title is Marketers Are From Mars, Consumers Are From New Jersey. 

Should be on sale at Amazon by May 15th. What's the over/under on that?

Can't Shut Up
I'll be doing two speaking gigs in the next few weeks.

The first is next week in Brussels at UBA Trends Day. The title will be "Advertising Needs Troublemakers."

The second will be a seminar in Chicago at the American Society on Aging's Aging in America conference. Title: "The Battle For The World's Most Valuable Customer."

Several more talks coming up in Canada, New York, and London. I'll keep you posted.

And remember, if you need a speaker for a conference or sales event, I know a good one.

Update: WAB just announced I will Keynote at their 81st Annual Conference. Read about it here.

8 comments:

Cecil B. DeMille said...

If I weren't already dead, I would fulfill two of the three prerequisites for what must be quite a fun job. But I don't drink.

tore said...

I'm from NJ therefore I am. A consumer I reckon.

Kiki said...

Great title! Look forward to your future book interviews on Charlie Ross, CNBC, Kai Ryssdal....

CaliforniaGirl500 said...

If anyone knows anything at all about "Aging in America", you're the guy.

George Parker said...

BOB... Obviously you can't hold on to chicks. Stop being a contrarian and become a curmudgeon like me. Chicks love that gnarly old shit.
Cheers/George "AdScam" Parker

John, in Mexico, Alexander said...

Busy, busy, Bob. Oh, I have told by one reliable person, Karen, that I'm cute.

bob hoffman said...

I've been told that Karen is not to be trusted

Massimo said...

Bob, Marketers Are From Mars, Consumers Are From New Jersey is a *wonderful* title. Can't wait to get hold of a copy of it!